Straight line fenced recall area (4 ft plastic construction fencing)
Jump (3 heights: 1′, 2′ and 3′ dog’s choice)
Empty Water Bottle Pit
Qualifying Run Criteria:
Dog must be placed in a down stay at the beginning of the run.
Handler leaves dog and proceeds to end of run.
Dog must stay in place until verbally released/called by handler.
Dog must negotiate all 4 obstacles independently and successfully and return to handler.
You may not “lure” your dog with a toy, you may, however, reward your dog with a toy and or treats upon successful completion of the recall. There will be a table for you to keep your toy or treats on.
Dogs will receive an Extreme Recall Medal upon successful completion.
Fee: $30 ($5 discount if you are entered in the Gladiator’s race)
You get three runs with the following options:
- Qualifying Recall for medal
- Practice Runs:
- You may have someone restrain your dog at the beginning of the run
- You may have someone restrain your dog at the beginning of the run and place yourself partway through the course.
- You may run through the course with your dog.
- Treats and toys allowed during practice runs.
You may do 2 practice runs, then use your 3rd as a qualifying run, try to qualify with all 3 runs, do 3 practice runs only or any other combination thereof.